megan wetselaar

megan wetselaar

January 30, 2014

Today my mom asked me if I was a Yankee Snob. Well, no. Not usually.

Don't get me wrong. I love the South. I love living here. It's warmer, people are more polite, it's beautiful, there's mountains, etc. But seriously, people. We got about one inch of snow and that resulted in one and a half days of cancelled classes. Everywhere I went people were making snow angels and taking pictures of the beautiful snow. I could see the grass poking up everywhere. People sledding. On frozen solid rock-hard ground with just a light dusting of snow. That doesn't sound safe to me. People shoveling, not thinking to put any salt on the ground. Thanks for making ice patches for us everywhere.

I've been a nervous wreck watching these Southerners try to handle the snow. I realize that Ice + Mountain = Dangerous and the North doesn't have mountains so I should factor that in and be a bit more understanding. But they're going about it all wrong.

Oh well. I guess that's part of being in the South. Snow v. South and the snow won. Not so in the North. Enjoy that foot and a half, North. Remember how well you are handling it and how happy you all can be playing in real snow. I myself was there just a few weeks ago making snow angels and running, I mean trudging, through the 18 inches. But as for now, I will watch my friends bundle up while I put on a light jacket. I've actually been enjoying that it's a little warmer out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hey I'm Megan. This is just my blog of my life, my adventures, my story...even if I don't know where it's going.

Following This Blog...

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.